How do we repair windscreens?
Auto Glass repair is a cost effective but proven alternative to replacing a damaged windscreen. A windscreen chip or crack is repaired by injecting a special liquid resin into the cracked or chipped windscreen. When the windscreen chip is injected, UV light is used to harden the repair resin. The final stage is to polish the repaired area for clarity. Once the repair is complete, structural strength is restored and the damage will be significantly less visible. In addition your vehicle will now be roadworthy and the damage will not spread.
What to expect from a windscreen repair
- Repairing a windscreen chip restores structural integrity to damaged glass (prevents cracking).
- The stone chip is less visible, up to an 80% improvement in clarity in many cases.
- Saves money on windscreen replacement, especially if your vehicle has ADAS (Cameras, Lane detection, etc).
- A repaired windscreen chip will will not spread and will pass a roadworthy certificate
* Note. Due to the unpredictability of glass, during the repair process the damage can spread and/or may not be able to be repaired. The cause can be due to many factors beyond our control. That said, this is a very rare occurrence (less than 1%).